A cadastral map of the Town of Niagara from 1909 and updated 1966, now known as the village of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Includes a survey of the lots, concessions, and subdivisions with some property owners or former residents noted.
Plan of the Town of Niagara
Ontario. Department of Lands, Forests and Mines, Cartographer
SurveyingReal estateStreetsBoundariesOntarioNiagara (Ont.)Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ont.)19661909
1 map : black & white ; 44 x 57 cm, on sheet 46 x 60 cm
ImageMill Imaging Library v3.000 2013
Scale 1:3,168 or 4 chains = 1 inch.
Includes numbered lots and subdivisions with some land owners named.
Shows roads, railways, waterways, schools, buildings, and boundaries.
"Original plan surveyed 1909 by Alexander Niven, under instructions from the Dept. of Lands, Forests and Mines. Street names revised and added to Aug. 1966."
Material digitized as part of an Academic Innovation Fund (AIF), awarded in 2018. For more information see: http://avptl.info.yorku.ca/academic-innovation-fund/ .